Southwestern Chicken and Beans in the Slow Cooker


Spicy chicken and beans made easy in the slow cooker!


I love Mexican food.  Mostly so that I have an excuse to eat guacamole.  

This chicken and beans recipe goes great over brown rice or quinoa, and the possibilities for toppings are endless.  My husband loves it with sour cream, cheese, and tortilla chips.  My son always tops it with salsa.  I always have mine with guacamole.

I love this recipe because it's so easy - just throw everything in the crockpot in the morning and then shred the chicken at dinnertime.  That's it. 


Servings: 8
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 8 hours

2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
30 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
8 oz zesty Italian dressing
1/4 C plus 2 Tbsp dry ranch mix
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp ground cumin
1 C water

  1. Arrange chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
  2. Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker.  
  3. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
  4. Before eating, shred the chicken and return it to the slow cooker.
  5. Serve hot over brown rice or quinoa.  Top with your favorite toppings.
ENJOY!

This recipe is adapted from here.



Comments