Sauteed Garlic Asparagus


Blackened asparagus cooked with garlic makes for a tasty, easy side dish!

Asparagus is the go-to vegetable at my house.  We have it with dinner at least once a week, usually two or three times a week. Probably because it's easy for me to make and it is currently a vegetable that my kids all like.  

I like to cook at least one easy vegetable side dish for dinner every night - my kids have a regular kid-sized serving, and my husband and I will have a bigger serving, usually mixed with whatever our main dish is.  



Servings: 4
Time: 10 minutes

1 lb asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 Tbsp olive oil
salt
pepper
garlic powder

  1. Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large saucepan.
  2. Add the asparagus and sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic powder on top.
  3. Let the asparagus cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until partially blackened.
ENJOY!






Comments