Roasted Butternut Squash


This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_0832.jpg



This is an easy veggie side dish that always comes out great!
So do your kids like vegetables? My kids really struggle with vegetables... With five kids, it's really hard to find something that everyone will tolerate.
At least when we have butternut squash, I know that no one will throw a fit about eating their vegetables. :)
This recipe is simple and very flexible. I give measurements for everything below, but I hardly ever measure when I make this recipe. I just pour a bit of oil over the squash, sprinkle some spices, and voila - it comes out great.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_0836.jpg
You may be able to buy pre-cut squash at the store, which definitely makes this dish easier. But honestly, I prefer cutting the squash myself - I think it has a better flavor that way. But do what works best for you - it will be tasty either way!
Servings: 6
Time: 35 minutes
3 C butternut squash, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 T olive oil
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
  1. Preheat the oven to 425F.
  2. Prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray.
  3. Place the squash cubes in a large bowl. Drizzle oil over the top and sprinkle the seasonings. Toss well to combine.
  4. Spread the squash cubes on the baking sheet in a single layer.
  5. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
  6. Serve hot.
ENJOY!
Media & Text


Comments