Beef Chili in the Slow Cooker


 Healthy chili made easy in the slow cooker!


We have chili a lot at our house - everyone likes it because they can customize it.  Add sour cream, tortilla chips, cheese, or (my favorite) avocado.

I used black beans and pinto beans in this batch, but I've used kidney beans and chickpeas for this recipe too.  Really, any beans will work. 

The recipe calls for 1 Tbsp of chili powder.  This will give it a bit of kick, but it's not too spicy for kids.  If I was making this just for me and my husband, I would use 2 Tbsp of chili powder instead.



Servings: 10
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 8 hours

1 lb ground beef
15 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
15 oz canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
15 oz tomato sauce
15 oz canned corn, drained
1 green pepper, chopped
2 onions, chopped
2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp pepper


  1. Cook the beef in a large saucepan on the stovetop over medium-high heat.  Cook until most of the beef is cooked through.
  2. Drain the beef and place in the slow cooker.
  3. Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker, and stir to combine.
  4. Let the chili cook on low for 7-8 hours.
  5. Serve with your favorite toppings.
ENJOY!


Comments